domingo, 9 de marzo de 2008

First Oral Presentation


OBSERVATION OF MY CLASS PRESENTATION:

NAME AND TOPIC: Childhood Toys

PRESENTATION: I had got a PowerPoint to show my presentation but I didn’t want a very long presentation and I joined the photos in a collage, that I think it didn’t leave the audience indifferent.


BODY LANGUAGE AND EYE CONTACT: I was very nervous and tense (as you can see with my posture). I looked to the audience, to the screen, and to the audience again, but not always to the same person. I didn’t read, but I became stuck for instants, then my gestures betrayed me (I took my nose because I was nervous, it’s like a barrier, and I put my hands into my pockets). After this incident I relaxed a bit, maybe because I had the collage.


CONTENT: I didn’t want to introduce new information to the audience. I wanted to make them remember their favorite toys when they were child, because I think that now we are busy with our worries and we don’t remember when we were the happiest person of the world with a simple box of crayons. I didn’t look up information. I looked for photos. I tried to make it original and detailed.


LANGUAGE: I checked my grammar in the dictionary and I looked for some expressions and words related to the world of toys. I used some sentence linkers like moreover (I learned it with this presentation).


PRONUNCIATION & ENTONATION: I think one of my mistakes was to extend the words. It happens a lot of times (well, during all the presentation). I had a very big interruption. Apart from this, I think that my pronunciation isn’t very bad.


SELF-EVALUATION: Well, if you let me do it, I won’t evaluate myself because I can’t stand to do it.

LITERAL TRANSCRIPTION:

Hello, good morning everybody! My name’s Adrià, I’m sixteen and I live in Vila-Sacra. I play handball in the Esplais Handball Team, I like drawing and I love cars.

Today I’m going to talk about something that maybe makes you be...makes you feel... (I wanted to say “makes you feel identified”.)

Moreover, Christmas is coming, and it’s their time. And maybe you’ve seen a lot of advertisements on TV. I don’t know if you know what I’m talking about.

Yes, toys. But they are not single toys; they are your childhood toys.

It doesn’t need to be a very big or expensive object. It’s sometimes a simple toy but you can play with it a lot of hours, days... and they are very special. Maybe, then you can gat a new one but it surely won’t be the same.

Here you have some of these toys:

First, there is a ball: with a ball you could play everywhere, with anyone (I wanted to say “anybody”). And I’m sure that your balls always finished on a roof, on the neighbour floor, but it was a great time to play with that. (I improvised because the original sentence was very complicated.)

Then, there are some crayons: With a crayon (a box of crayons) you can have (draw) a lot of pictures and it’s the best way to release your imagination and it’s very simple “also” (it’s also very simple/cheap). But I think there were a lot of papers (Lots of papers drawings and you draw until the crayons were very little (small).

There are (is) a bike. It has three or four wheels at start because you don’t know to ride but then, when you learn riding (to ride) you’ll never forget it. Well, a bike, I think, when you get a bike, when you are little, is like when you are eighteen and you get your first car; you are like a big child.

Then, there are the construction toys, with blocks or magnets. Once, with construction toys, I’m sure that you built a very big castle, the greatest castle of the world and then you broke it to keep it into the box. But the castle always was better than last but wore than the next one.

Finally, there are a lot of dolls. There are a lot of types like persons, animals, aliens, robots...And each one for each person but all of them with a lot of stories.

Well, there are a lot of more toys, but now I’ll show you my favorite childhood toy. These are my small cars. I played with them all of my home (I think It’s not very correct). They were on the doors, windows... everywhere, but. Every thing was good to make race, to make a parking, also (even) a traffic delay, you know? There are a lot of types but my favorite was a green one and there was also an ambulance (well, between my favorite car and the ambulance there were more cars but...). That’s all of my presentation but now I want to ask you: which are your childhood toys...

No hay comentarios: